6 cups fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and washed (to yield 2/3 cup cooked)
3 cups boiling water
1/2 cup grated cheese of choice
1/4 cup fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped (parsley, dill, or basil)
1 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Trim and wash the fresh spinach leaves.
3. Place the leaves in a large mixing bowl and over with boiling water. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
4. Rinse the spinach with cold tap water. Drain using your hands to squeeze all the remaining water to obtain about 2/3 cup. (If using frozen spinach, defrost and measure for 2/3 cup)
5. Finely chop the cooked spinach and transfer to a mixing bowl.
6. Add eggs, cheese, herbs and panko gluten free crumbs. You can also add salt and pepper if your cheese is not very salty.
7. Combine with a spoon or your hands, until it forms a batter from which you are able to form balls with your hands.
8. If too moist add a little more crumb until easy to roll as ball with the palm of your hands.
9. Place the balls on a non-stick cookie tray lined with baking paper.
10. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the top.
11. Serve with a dip of your choice (pesto, hummus, or homemade ketchup). Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.