As the title states, consistency is key when it comes to weight loss. This means you need to be consistent with your workouts and your diet.
Lets start first with fitness:
1. Your goal should be to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in 4 to 5 times per week.
2. The easiest way to get in the habit of this is to choose 4 or 5 specific days/times during the week and put them in your calendar.
3. Think of these as appointments that you make with yourself that you cannot skip or cancel.
4. Remember the first 2 to 3 weeks will be the hardest but once you get used to it, it will become part of your normal routine.
Next up is healthy eating:
1. You also need to be consistent with healthy eating. This does not mean you have to be perfect all the time however.
2. One simple rule to follow is the 90/10 rule when trying to lose weight. This means 90% of the time you are eating healthy and watching portion sizes. 10% of the time you can cheat, which means 1 cheat meal 1 time per week. Remember this is one meal, not an entire day.
"Health is not always about the weight you lose but about the life you gain"